Mon, Sep 18|
[UNITED STATES] The Future: Ensuring the health and wellbeing of adolescents and young people worldwide
In support of the 1.8 Billion Young People for Change campaign, securing the health and wellbeing of today's adolescents and young people!
Time & Location
Sep 18, 1:00 PM GMT-5
New York, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY 10019, USA
About the event
Closed event - participation only by invitation
Today's 1.8 billion adolescents and young people are growing up in a world that is dramatically different from previous generations - a world shaped by digitalization, urbanization, and mobility. These changes offer unprecedented opportunities, including access to services and information, learning, employment, and connectivity that fosters and nurtures relationships. However, they also present new challenges, such as the increased risk of depression and anxiety, exposure to (often gender-based) violence and abuse, or experiences of poverty and unhealthy lifestyles, which affect young people's health and wellbeing now, throughout their lives and as parents of future generations.
In support of the 1.8 Billion Young People for Change campaign, securing the health and wellbeing of today's adolescents and young people requires urgent efforts and deliberate collaboration, investment, and partnership, with a focus on our collective future. Everyone has a role to play.
- Format: Spotlight Session
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023, 1:00 PM EST
- Location: Mercury Room, New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY 10019
- Audience: Approximately 150 members of the CGI community, comprised of Fortune 500 business leaders, leading philanthropists, heads of state, and local grassroots community leaders
- Press: This event will be open to the press and live-streamed